Sunday, January 29, 2012

How do you watch a football game without your favorite team?

My favorite NFL team did not make the playoffs this year, but I'd like to watch more football. How do you enjoy a game when you don't care who wins? Do you try to watch whoever is on offense, or do you maybe have to pick a prediction?How do you watch a football game without your favorite team?I hate that feeling too. I'm an Eagles fan, so I've been kind of lucky for 7 out of the past 9 seasons watching my team in the playoffs but I know what it's like to watch a bunch of teams you don't care for vie for the Super Bowl ring.



But anyway to answer your question... Try watching the game with some buddies or other football fans. You're more likely to engage in football conversation and you could each pick a team you want to win before the game starts or during the game. You could also make some bets with friends of yours (or online) on some of the games to make them more interesting. Another suggestion is to root for players on teams rather than teams. Say you like Donovan McNabb or Joe Flacco for example. You could then root for the Eagles or Ravens because you like those players.



Another idea is to watch the games at a sports bar where other fans might get really into the games. If you surround yourself with other excited fans you might be a little more intrigued.



At least you can take solace in knowing you won't be heartbroken after any games this weekend because your team can't lose anymore! That being said, Go Eagles!!How do you watch a football game without your favorite team?
Pick one to root for, even if it's just for the day. Bet.How do you watch a football game without your favorite team?pick a team at the start and cheer for them it helps some but you just got to love the game
drink a lot and pick the team that is the least in competition with your team in any given season. that's what i do. I'm rooting for the Eagles because the are NFC and they have my man, Mr. Asante Samuel.How do you watch a football game without your favorite team?The question should be how do I not watch football. I mean I have watch a lot of games that my team does not play in. I guess it is because I love the sport, I love the hits, I love the passes. I get excited with big plays. I think that you just have to over all enjoy the sport, because then you can just watch football for fun.How do you watch a football game without your favorite team?
In regular season I rooted for certain teams who I had fantasy players on.



But in the Post season I just root against the team that I hate with a passion.
No, you watch for play or players. Pick a player you like and follow watch him when he's on the field. Or just look for plays that excite you. Its easy for me, because I love football. It just makes it better when its your team doing all that. Fortunately, my team is still playing.How do you watch a football game without your favorite team?
thats when you should start gambling on other teams
It comes down to being a fan of the NFL or only being a fan of your team.

I am a Steelers fan but I love the NFL regadless.

It's my respect for the leauge that makes me love Pittsburgh all the more.
First of all there is betting or there are pools. A way I pick them is based on how many University of Miami players are on the team. Another way is when my favorite team, Miami, is not in the Super Bowl, I go with the AFC team. Another way I look at it is if there is something of historical significance or if I hate one of the teams, i.e., USC, OSU*, Texas, Dallas, Pittsburgh.



Last year, I had to pull my AFC affiliation because I did want the Patriots to go undefeated. Had they lost during the regular season, I would have gone for them during the Super Bowl.....



Even though the Saints had nothing to play for, I was hoping for Carolina to shut down Brees so he wouldnt break Marinos passing yardage record.
hahaha bet on the games. it always makes it interesting
I make myself care by making it competitive for me. They're are lots of different free "fantasy" games, playing those helps add some excitement to those "who cares" games.



For example, this was the first year I played fantasy football. I made it all the way to the championship game in my league. I definitely paid attention to LOTS more games and players than I normally would. To the point I drove my husband crazy watching sports center to keep up on injuries etc.



NFL.com has the playoff challenge right now, and espn has a game called "streak for the cash" not only is it free, some dude just won $1 million dollars picking the winner of 25 straight games.



That's what works for me anyway...as a former packer fan (and now Jets fan.... for a few more minutes) Lot's of times it was still hard to enjoy. That's when I would have to break out the Jack %26amp; Coke :)



Hope that helps
I usually root for da underdog to win
let your buddies all pick a team, then root against them, makes the game more fun with lots of trash talk and taunts, but in the end no one really cares.
  • things to do in nyc
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment