Thursday, February 23, 2012

How to make remote desktop use different IP address then my dedicated game server?

I run a public gaming server and want to make my security better. My dedicated server has multiple IP addresses. How can I make the game server use a different IP address then the remote desktop to the dedicated server uses? Do I need to enable the extra IP addresses or should they already be enabled and should work just by using one of those on the server rather then what remote desktop is using?How to make remote desktop use different IP address then my dedicated game server?You need to use a router that supports NAT. Nat allows you to translate a private ip address to a public ip address. For instance, if your server is 192.168.1.1, and your public address is 4.3.2.1, you make a NAT entry in the router that says 192.168.1.1 uses 1.1.1.1 as its public ip address. You then make a second entry for your computer, 192.168.1.2 for example, and tell it to use your other public ip address, 1.1.1.2 for example.

No comments:

Post a Comment